Tuesday 22 November 2011

Typography Poster/Billboards and Tshirt

I was given a quote from my tutor and was expected to make a typography design from the quote. The quote was "If You Can Count Your Money You Done Have A Billion Dollars" By J.Paul Getty

“If you can count your money, you don’t have a billion dollars.”

Biography
By J.Paul Getty (1892-1976)
Jean Paul Getty (December 15, 1892 – June 6, 1976) was an American industrialist. He founded the Getty Oil Company, and in 1957 Fortune magazine named him the richest living American, whilst the 1966 Guinness Book of Records named him as the world's richest private citizen, worth an estimated $1,200 million.  At his death, he was worth more than $2 billion.
Getty was an avid collector of art and antiquities; his collection formed the basis of the J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles, California, and over $661 million of his estate was left to the museum after his death.
Born into George Getty's family in the petroleum business in Minneapolis, Minnesota, he was one of the first people in the world with a fortune estimated at over one billion U.S. dollars.


Before i started creating my poster i did some research in typography posters shown bellow which inspired me in creating my own design.








By looking at other typography designs, i was able to get an idea of what to create and in order to express the quote in a typographical way, I did some research about J. Paul Getty who was an american billionaire and he involves around money. A dollar bill came to my mind which would relate to the quote.

with the use of a dollar font type, colour and shape of a dollar bill I was able to design my quote to look like the following poster below .

I used the same type font on the us dollar bill note shown bellow 

    My previous design for the poster 

       T-shirt print for the quote
   Billboard poster for the quote 

No comments:

Post a Comment